Friday, April 5, 2013

Life Lessons

Life seems strange when you look back at your childhood.  You wonder why you remember some things and not remember everything.  I believe that we are actually remembering things that will help us at different stages of our life.  Like being a mom.  Never imaged being a mom, but here I am.  No experience raising my younger sister, but used a lot of what of I wanted to be treated and how I felt after experiences as a little girl - created the mom I am today.

First lesson - Communication
Communication builds trust, respect and love.
Idea:  Start writing to your children in a journal.  Start with a question for them to answer and then leave it under their pillow.  Make sure you start with simple easy topics:  The 3 things I love about you...is a great starting topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment